python modules in home dir

dzieciou

Hello!

I'm new-comer in Python.
I want to install few Python modules (4Suite, RDFLib, Twisted and Racoon)
in my home directory, since Python installation is already installed in the
system
and I'm NOT its admin.
I cannot install pyvm (portable binary python machine) - have no such big
quota.
Any idea how can I solve it?

Best

maciek

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy

set the PYTHON_PATH to include your home directory
Its correct name is 'PYTHONPATH'.
Under C shell:

setenv PYTHONPATH /home/yourlogin/pythonlibs

Under bourne/bash:

set PYTHONPATH=/home/yourlogin/pythonlibs
export PYTHONPATH

Laszlo Nagy web: http://designasign.biz
IT Consultant mail: (e-mail address removed)

Python forever!

Uche Ogbuji

I'm new-comer in Python.
I want to install few Python modules (4Suite, RDFLib, Twisted and Racoon)
in my home directory, since Python installation is already installed in the
system
and I'm NOT its admin.
I cannot install pyvm (portable binary python machine) - have no such big
quota.
Any idea how can I solve it?

To install 4Suite in the home dir, use an incantation such as:

../setup.py config --prefix=$HOME/lib
../setup.py install

Note: I expect you also installed Python in your home dir?

--
Uche Ogbuji Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net http://fourthought.com

Uche Ogbuji

To install 4Suite in the home dir, use an incantation such as:

./setup.py config --prefix=$HOME/lib
./setup.py install

Note: I expect you also installed Python in your home dir?

BTW, I expanded on this suggestion at:

http://copia.ogbuji.net/blog/2005-04-16/Installing

--
XML Output with 4Suite & AMara - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/04/20/py-xml.html