    any tips will be great!

    Many Thanks,

    Yoav Glazner
    Glazner, Sep 20, 2010

  2. Glazner <> writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm will be writing a distributed program with parallel python and i
    > would like to if there are any good monitoring utilities for python.
    > I would like each remote server to post messages and to see the
    > messages in a web-broweser or such.
    >
    > I googled python monitoring and found pymon but it seems a bit
    > outdated.

    It's not exactly what you asked for, but the supervisord written in
    Python is not only capable of watching a process (admittedly always on
    the machine it is supposed to run), but can also be configured to have
    XMLRPC based (and I think even other) interfaces that a central server
    could poll & see the status of specific processes. I admit though that
    it needs more configuration. Just wanted to mention it, because process
    management might be on your list as well.

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Sep 20, 2010

  3. Glazner

    Glazner Guest

    On Sep 20, 6:03 pm, (Diez B. Roggisch) wrote:
    > Glazner <> writes:
    > > Hi,

    > > I'm will be writing a distributed program with parallel python and i
    > > would like to if there are any good monitoring utilities for python.
    > > I would like each remote server to post messages and to see the
    > > messages in a web-broweser or such.

    > > I googled python monitoring and found pymon but it seems a bit
    > > outdated.

    > It's not exactly what you asked for, but the supervisord written in
    > Python is not only capable of watching a process (admittedly always on
    > the machine it is supposed to run), but can also be configured to have
    > XMLRPC based (and I think even other) interfaces that a central server
    > could poll & see the status of specific processes. I admit though that
    > it needs more configuration. Just wanted to mention it, because process
    > management might be on your list as well.
    >
    > Diez

    mmm... , windows not supported :(
    I need windows (cross platform is important)
    Glazner, Sep 20, 2010
  4. Glazner <> writes:

    > On Sep 20, 6:03 pm, (Diez B. Roggisch) wrote:
    >> Glazner <> writes:
    >> > Hi,

    >> > I'm will be writing a distributed program with parallel python and i
    >> > would like to if there are any good monitoring utilities for python.
    >> > I would like each remote server to post messages and to see the
    >> > messages in a web-broweser or such.

    >> > I googled python monitoring and found pymon but it seems a bit
    >> > outdated.

    >> It's not exactly what you asked for, but the supervisord written in
    >> Python is not only capable of watching a process (admittedly always on
    >> the machine it is supposed to run), but can also be configured to have
    >> XMLRPC based (and I think even other) interfaces that a central server
    >> could poll & see the status of specific processes. I admit though that
    >> it needs more configuration. Just wanted to mention it, because process
    >> management might be on your list as well.
    >>
    >> Diez

    > mmm... , windows not supported :(
    > I need windows (cross platform is important)

    Ah. Poor you. Well, there is also pyro. It should run on all OS, and it
    comes with a name-service. With this, it's actually possible and
    probably quite easy to have all your respective clients/workers/agents
    connect themselves to central monitoring instance, and posting more or
    less accurately their state.

    The configuration needed should be minimal, and depending on your
    network setup even trivial because there is some broadcasting detection
    ala bonjour available. The worst that can happen is that you have to
    spread knowledge of a specific pyro server through a string like

    pyro://<host>/<service_name>

    or some such.

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Sep 20, 2010