    I've done something boneheaded, but I'm wondering if there is another
    reason (e.g. a pause in the win32com module, some kind of timeout
    feature if the system is idle, etc.). thank you

    Todd, Jul 7, 2008

  2. Todd

    Peter Otten Guest

    Todd wrote:

    > I ran a python script last night which connects to a matlab automation
    > server via DCOM (using win32com). I expected to see the results when
    > I came in this morning. But apparently, not long after I left, python
    > stopped. I hit enter in the console, and it started again. I scoured
    > the handful of lines of code to see if there was any kind of input
    > statement put there by accident but couldn't find one. Furthermore,
    > I've run this code many times without it pausing. It's still possible
    > I've done something boneheaded, but I'm wondering if there is another
    > reason (e.g. a pause in the win32com module, some kind of timeout
    > feature if the system is idle, etc.). thank you

    You could start your debugging process by hitting Control-C instead of
    <enter> and study the traceback.

    Peter

    Peter Otten, Jul 7, 2008

  3. Todd

    Tim Golden Guest

    Todd wrote:
    > I ran a python script last night which connects to a matlab automation
    > server via DCOM (using win32com). I expected to see the results when
    > I came in this morning. But apparently, not long after I left, python
    > stopped. I hit enter in the console, and it started again.

    Symptomatically, at least, this can be caused by someone starting to
    select (with the mouse) an area of the screen: the process will pause
    until <Enter> is pressed, which copies the area to the clipboard. This
    only happens with a console window, but it sounds like that's what
    you had running.

    TJG

    Tim Golden, Jul 7, 2008
  4. Todd

    Guest

    On Jul 7, 10:17 am, Tim Golden <> wrote:
    > Todd wrote:
    > > I ran a python script last night which connects to a matlab automation
    > > server via DCOM (using win32com).  I expected to see the results when
    > > I came in this morning.  But apparently, not long after I left, python
    > > stopped.  I hit enter in the console, and it started again.

    > Symptomatically, at least, this can be caused by someone starting to
    > select (with the mouse) an area of the screen: the process will pause
    > until <Enter> is pressed, which copies the area to the clipboard. This
    > only happens with a console window, but it sounds like that's what
    > you had running.
    >
    > TJG

    That might be it, although I don't recall doing that. Fortunately/
    unfortunately, it happened a few times, but it seems to have stopped
    now.

    , Jul 7, 2008
  5. Todd

    Todd, Jul 7, 2008
  6. En Mon, 07 Jul 2008 12:26:28 -0300, Todd <>
    escribió:

    > On Jul 7, 10:17 am, Tim Golden <> wrote:
    >> Todd wrote:
    >> > I ran a python script last night which connects to a matlab automation
    >> > server via DCOM (using win32com).  I expected to see the results when
    >> > I came in this morning.  But apparently, not long after I left, python
    >> > stopped.  I hit enter in the console, and it started again.

    >> Symptomatically, at least, this can be caused by someone starting to
    >> select (with the mouse) an area of the screen: the process will pause
    >> until <Enter> is pressed, which copies the area to the clipboard. This
    >> only happens with a console window, but it sounds like that's what
    >> you had running.

    > That might be it, although I don't recall doing that. Fortunately/
    > unfortunately, it happened a few times, but it seems to have stopped
    > now.

    You could disable that behaviour by unchecking "Quick edit mode" (or
    something like that) in the Default preferences for the console window.
    (It's unchecked by default on WinXP and Win2003, I think).

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Jul 15, 2008