    and what about tkinter? the examples do not work? are thre path settings
    missing?

    many thanks in advance, leo
    Leo, Oct 13, 2003

  2. "Leo" <> writes:

    > hello mac python gurus

    Do you know about the macpython-sig? That's often a better place for
    these questions.

    > osx comes with python. additionally i have macpython insatlled.
    >
    > now i have pythen interpreters in /usr/bin and in /usr/local/bin? is that
    > right?

    Yep. I also have ~/bin/python and soemtimes /sw/bin/python too...

    Note that /usr/local/bin/python is a symlink (or a shim, forget which)
    to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python
    (or something like that).

    > which interpreter i have to bidn with ppython launcher?

    Um, not sure what you're asking here.

    > and what about tkinter? the examples do not work? are thre path settings
    > missing?

    If you haven't got Tk installed, Tkinter doesn't have much of a
    chance. Googling for "AquaTk" might help (I've never tried it).

    Cheers,
    mwh

    --
    SCSI is not magic. There are fundamental technical reasons why it
    is necessary to sacrifice a young goat to your SCSI chain now and
    Michael Hudson, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Leo

    Leo Guest

    "Michael Hudson" <> wrote in message
    > "Leo" <> writes:
    >
    > > hello mac python gurus

    > Do you know about the macpython-sig? That's often a better place for
    > these questions.

    no, didn't know about that. is that a mailing list?

    cheers, leo
    Leo, Oct 14, 2003
  4. "Leo" <> writes:

    > "Michael Hudson" <> wrote in message
    > > "Leo" <> writes:
    > >
    > > > hello mac python gurus

    > > Do you know about the macpython-sig? That's often a better place for
    > > these questions.

    > no, didn't know about that. is that a mailing list?

    Yes: http://www.python.org/sigs/pythonmac-sig/

    Cheers,
    mwh

    --
    Strangely enough I saw just such a beast at the grocery store
    last night. Starbucks sells Javachip. (It's ice cream, but that
    Michael Hudson, Oct 14, 2003

  5. >> Do you know about the macpython-sig? That's often a better place for
    >> these questions.

    leo> no, didn't know about that. is that a mailing list?

    Yes. Start here to explore all the mailing lists hosted on mail.python.org:

    Skip
    Skip Montanaro, Oct 14, 2003