Python on TV-centric platforms

Discussion in 'Python' started by Vitaliy Yermolenko, Feb 8, 2009.

  1. Hi,

    Thanks for thoughts.

    As I can see considering Yahoo Widgets (based on
    HTML/JavaScript/Flash), XML, AJAX and JavaScript (i. e. web
    components) on Figure 1 of
    http://www.intelconsumerelectronics.com/Consumer-Electronics-3.0/Widget-Channel-Overview.aspx,
    it seems, like Pyjamas is more close for Widget Channel integration,
    than XBMC Media Center.

    Another question is whether Framework API will be available for
    Python, and how deployment will be done?

    >On Feb 8, 9:23 am, Vitaliy Yermolenko <vital... at gmail.com> wrote:
    >> Any chance to see Python to be ready for "Widget Development Kit (WDK)
    >> to third-party developers to create applications and services for
    >> viewing on TVs [...]

    >The excellent XBMC[1] has had Python support for years.

    WBR, Vitaliy.

    Vitaliy Yermolenko, Feb 8, 2009