Python OpenCV wrapper

Discussion in 'Python' started by Claudio Grondi, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. What is the current status of Python OpenCV interface i.e. the opencv
    module?

    \OpenCV\samples\python\contours.py gives following ERROR:
    OpenCV Python version of contours
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "\OpenCV\samples\python\contours.py", line 6, in ?
    from opencv import cv
    ImportError: No module named opencv

    but I can't find any hints towards a opencv Python module.

    Claudio
    P.S.
    OpenCV means IntelĀ® Open Source Computer Vision Library. It is a collection
    of C functions and a
    few C++ classes that implement some popular Image Processing and Computer
    Vision algorithms.
    http://www.intel.com/technology/computing/opencv/overview.htm

    This is the best what I was able to find using Google, but it seems to lead
    nowhere:
    http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...opencv-python.html OpenCV python module&hl=de
    dated 2005-02-02 (the original page was not available, but Google has a
    cache :/):
    Before putting a lot of effort in SWIG wrapping of OpenCV ourselves, we
    searched the web for already existing Python wrappers. There has been some
    work on the topic, but none that satisfied our needs, since we're interested
    in wrappers for the current and future OpenCV releases that provide access
    to the data structure internals.:

    a.. http://www.swig.org/ - The SWIG homepage
    b..
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=754443&group_id=1645&atid=101645 -
    SWIG Bug ???[754443] conversion of preprocessor math", one of the bugs that
    make direct SWIG wrapping of OpenCV headers impossible.
    c.. http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~rstancha/oss.html - Basic SWIG wrapping for
    Python and OpenCV (see above). This is where we took PIL and Numeric
    convertor ideas from.
    d.. http://members.tripod.com/~edcjones/pycode.html - An older attempt to
    SWIG wrapping OpenCV for Python. Uses manually rewritten OpenCV headers that
    are not portable to current OpenCV releases (Beta 3 and Beta 4 not working).
    e.. http://blueruby.mydns.jp/opencv/index.rbx?cmd=view;name=top - Ruby
    wrappres for OpenCV (see above). Sorry, this page is in Japanese .
    Claudio Grondi, Sep 6, 2005