python & osgi

Andreas Wapf

Is there something like a osgi implementation in python? I am really
impressed by the bundle system and the possibility to load and unload
bundles without wasting memory. Is it even possible to do something
like that in python? Would be nice to have a very small python
interpreter and just load the modules as needed.

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Is there something like a osgi implementation in python? I am really
impressed by the bundle system and the possibility to load and unload
bundles without wasting memory.

I'm really impressed by the about 1000 pages OSGi specification. :cool:
Is it even possible to do something like that in python? Would be nice to
have a very small python interpreter and just load the modules as needed.

Modules are only loaded as you import them, so you can make it as "lazy"
as you want. I don't know if it's possible to unload them again. But is
code really a memory problem? I've never thought "OMG memory is getting
low, I wish I could unload a module to get some space." In my experience
it's always data that eats my RAM.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch