Python / PAMIE

frankrentef

Can someone help with a PAMIE issue? I'm new to Python / PAMIE and
they seem like great tools but to be honest I'm finding that no
hoping this will be the place.

I tried to duplicate the authors "ie.writeScript" function shown at

http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=pythonMarchettiPamie3&fromSeriesID=25

I get "Attribute not found." I found one reference to where the
command was written as "ie.scriptWrite" but that does not work either.

I've emailed the author, Experts Exchange and other sites with ZERO

Can someone PLEASE assist?

THNX

Tim Golden

frankrentef said:
Can someone help with a PAMIE issue? I'm new to Python / PAMIE and
they seem like great tools but to be honest I'm finding that no
hoping this will be the place.

I tried to duplicate the authors "ie.writeScript" function shown at

http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=pythonMarchettiPamie3&fromSeriesID=25

I'd rather you posted the code you've tried.
I'm not too keen on viewing a video just to get
hold of a piece of code, and in any case that
would only show me what the author's done.

We need to see what you've done, and what the
traceback was. Would you mind posting some code,
please?

Thanks

TJG

Tim Golden

frankrentef said:
[...]

THNX for your response. Based on the authors code it's very simple.

from cPAMIE import PAMIE
ie=PAMIE ()

#ie.navigate ("google.com")

#ie.linkClick
#ie.textBoxSet
#ie.writeScript

ie.navigate ('https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=us')
#ie.scriptWrite ()

ie.scriptWrite()

Below is the error I get...

File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\cPAMIE.py", line 1837, in
scriptWrite
nameProp = getattr(x,"nameProp")
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 500, in __getattr__
raise AttributeError, "%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr)
AttributeError: <unknown>.nameProp

Tim Golden

frankrentef said:
THNX for your response. Based on the authors code it's very simple.

from cPAMIE import PAMIE
ie=PAMIE ()

#ie.navigate ("google.com")

#ie.linkClick
#ie.textBoxSet
#ie.writeScript

ie.navigate ('https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=us')
#ie.scriptWrite ()

ie.scriptWrite()

Below is the error I get...

File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\cPAMIE.py", line 1837, in
scriptWrite
nameProp = getattr(x,"nameProp")
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 500, in __getattr__
raise AttributeError, "%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr)
AttributeError: <unknown>.nameProp

I'm afraid I'm no IE expert (read: never use it if I can
avoid it) but I suspect here a combination of slightly
flaky code in the Python module plus, maybe, a change in
the IE dom object model.

If you change lines 1832-1836 of cPAMIE.py to be as follows:

<patch>
for j in range(doc.length):
x = doc[j]
etype = getattr(x,"type", "")
name = getattr(x,"name", "")
nameProp = getattr(x,"nameProp", "")

</patch>

then at least some kind of output is produced. But I'm
not entirely sure what this function is trying to achieve
so I don't guarantee it's doing the right thing yet.

TJG

frankrentef

frankrentef said:
[...]

TJG- Hide quoted text -

The idea is to run through a given url, detect any "form fields" that
require populating and build a script listing the field names, etc.
From there a PAMIE user can take the script returned and build a test
case. In other words the user does not have to search through the
HTML code for all the field names (blanks) radio button names, etc.

It works "great" on the video tutorial but dang if I or any of our
senior guys can get it to work here in house. THNX for input, we'll
give it a try.