Python-PHP bridge?

Discussion in 'Python' started by erikcw, Mar 13, 2008.

  1. erikcw

    erikcw Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm starting to translate a large legacy php app to python (django),
    and was wondering if anyone knew of a bridge between the 2 languages.
    (access php objects from python and vice versa).

    Some of the solutions I've come across so far include using php's
    passthru() ( http://us3.php.net/passthru ) and pyphp.

    passthru(): I'm concerned about the potential performance hit of all
    these system calls. Isn't this the equivalent of a CGI app?

    pyphp: Seems closer to what I'm looking for, but I haven't been able
    to get the examples working yet. Maybe it is to alpha?

    If anyone has any experience with these tools or others and can share
    some advice, I'd appreciate it!

    Thanks!
    Erik
    erikcw, Mar 13, 2008

  2. Hi!

    Only under Windows, you can use PHPscript. It's the "active-scripting"
    release of PHP.
    With it, you can send PHP's functions (source), and call these functions
    (with parameters).

    With the same method, you can also use, from Python, VBscript, Jscript,
    PerlScript, RubyScript.

    @-salutations

    Michel Claveau
    Méta-MCI \(MVP\), Mar 14, 2008