python plugin for excel (ala gnumeric)

Sebastien de Menten

Andrew Dalke

Sebastien de Menten:
I need a plugin that enables me to access a python VM directly from
excel (the COM server path is not satisfactory as it uses the
registry).

The Excel add-in works (I thought) through COM, so I don't
know if what you want is possible.

Excel and Outlook use the same API. The route I took to figure
Excel's out was to start with Mark Hammond's SpamBayes Outlook
add-in for clues, combined with the VBA help for Excel and plenty
of web searches for the relevant functions.

Andrew
(e-mail address removed)