python plugin for excel (ala gnumeric)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Sebastien de Menten, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Sebastien de Menten, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Sebastien de Menten

    Andrew Dalke Guest

    Sebastien de Menten:
    > I need a plugin that enables me to access a python VM directly from
    > excel (the COM server path is not satisfactory as it uses the
    > registry).

    The Excel add-in works (I thought) through COM, so I don't
    know if what you want is possible.

    Excel and Outlook use the same API. The route I took to figure
    Excel's out was to start with Mark Hammond's SpamBayes Outlook
    add-in for clues, combined with the VBA help for Excel and plenty
    of web searches for the relevant functions.

    Andrew

    Andrew Dalke, Sep 4, 2003