python poetry?

BartlebyScrivener

I'm working on a book of technology and computer programming humor.

First, can anybody recommend any other such books? And second is there
a repository of Python poetry, poems translated into Python, or
humorous Python pseudo code limericks anywhere? I'm making my way
through "The Larch," but if there's more elsewhere please point me to
it.

I'm looking for the Python equivalent of something like this:

http://www.heavyflash.com/poetry/Shakespeare_Sonnet18.html

Thank you all

rd
http://dooling.com

Fredrik Lundh

BartlebyScrivener said:
First, can anybody recommend any other such books? And second is there
a repository of Python poetry, poems translated into Python, or
humorous Python pseudo code limericks anywhere? I'm making my way
through "The Larch," but if there's more elsewhere please point me to
it.

Aroldo Souza-Leite did "Sonnets from Pythia" presentations/workshops at
EuroPython in 2004 and 2005, but I don't know if he's ever published the
material. google is your friend.

</F>

Bruno Desthuilliers

BartlebyScrivener a écrit :
I'm working on a book of technology and computer programming humor.

First, can anybody recommend any other such books?

You of course alreeady know "Tao of programming" and "BOFH" (aka the
Bastard Operator From Hell') ?

Michael Spencer

BartlebyScrivener said:
Python pseudo code limericks anywhere?

I wrote the following in response to Steve Holden's limerick challenge a
couple of years ago:

# run me or voice the alphanumeric tokens

from itertools import repeat
for feet in [3,3,2,2,3]:
print " ".join("DA-DA-DUM"
for dummy in [None]
for foot in repeat("metric", feet))

Michael

BartlebyScrivener

Michael said:
I wrote the following in response to Steve Holden's limerick challenge a
couple of years ago:

Thanks! I found some of these searching the clp google group.

rd