Python Pop Quiz

snorble

1. Do you like Python?

2. Do you think Python is good?

3. Do you think Python is real good?

4. What is your favorite version of Python?

5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
world? If so, when? If not, when?

7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
one Python guru?

Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

Roy Smith

1. Do you like Python?
Yes

2. Do you think Python is good?
Yes

3. Do you think Python is real good?
Yes

4. What is your favorite version of Python?

Whichever version it was that added string methods.
5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
world? If so, when? If not, when?

Just as soon as I get my orbiting brain lasers back on line.
7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
one Python guru?

Trick question, the Z80 was a figment of your imagination.
Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

STL compile error diagnostics.
Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

The bartender says, "What is this, some kind of a joke?"

Hendrik van Rooyen

7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
one Python guru?

About one tenth of an assembly language programmer?

I suppose it depends on how you define "equal".

As for the bar room people - they are all people clinging to weird belief
systems...

- Hendrik

Tijs

1. Do you like Python?
Yes

2. Do you think Python is good?
Yes

3. Do you think Python is real good?

No. If it were real good, it would have type inference and (based on that)
compile-time type checking and optimized native-code compilation.
Of course, type inference is hard to combine with operator overloading and
dynamic classes/objects, but duh, if it were real, real good...
4. What is your favorite version of Python?

The one that comes with Debian stable.
5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
world? If so, when? If not, when?

Yes. In 2015.
7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
one Python guru?

Trick question. A *real* Python guru would be fluent in Z80 assembly as
well.
Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

Agree. Readable interface-based callbacks. (Is that 4 or 5 words?)
Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

try:
pass

Michael Bentley

1. Do you like Python?

It's pretty good.
2. Do you think Python is good?

It's pretty good.
3. Do you think Python is real good?

It's pretty good.
4. What is your favorite version of Python?

The one I have.
5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
world? If so, when? If not, when?

Which world?
7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
one Python guru?
1

Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

0

-michael

Dustan

1. Do you like Python?
yes

2. Do you think Python is good?
yes

3. Do you think Python is real good?
yes

4. What is your favorite version of Python?

The most recent one.
5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
world?

I don't know; I've never considered taking over the world.
If so, when? If not, when?

7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
one Python guru?

I don't know about Z80, but the word 'assembly' makes me think: .00004
Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

I can not say.
Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

I'm glad this is just bonus.

What do I win?

k47867

1. Do you like Python?Yes, or I wouldn't still be subscribed to the python-list.
2. Do you think Python is good?
Yes. Well it is a good Language. I can code in python
at-least twice as fast as I could in C or C++.
3. Do you think Python is real good?
Yeah, if you meant 'very' instead of real. It has alot of
nice features. Combining the best features of many other
languages.
4. What is your favorite version of Python?
Have only used 2.4, though I am sure 2.5, once I upgrade
will become my new favorite, assuming it is backwards compatible.
5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
world? If so, when? If not, when?
No, those who wish to take over the world will do so with mass
weapons of destruction. Though a little computer virus (perhaps
written in Python though probably not), that can't be detected
by a Window's Antivirus may come close.
7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
one Python guru?
Is 0 * Infinity = 0?
Well really that is different, that is more like comparing
Apples and Orange-PCs. Assembly Lanugage programmers will probably
be coding at a much lower and more efficient manner than Python
programmers who will program at a higher level and get alot
more done in much fewer lines of code. However, the assembly
code can probably do things that Python can't
Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)
Yes - classes, inheritance, abstraction.

Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

A rabbi enters a bar. At the same time he (or she) is giving milk
to a newly born goat. Shortly after he arrives, a priest and
Perl hacker also enter at the same bar.

reed

1. Do you like Python? 0

2. Do you think Python is good? 0

3. Do you think Python is real good? 0

4. What is your favorite version of Python? 2.4+

5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
world? If so, when? If not, when?
from future import __all__
print "done"
7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
one Python guru?
from z80 import guru
Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)
sigh

Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

$_