    Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
    closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

    , Jun 2, 2007

  2. Roy Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > 1. Do you like Python?

    Yes

    > 2. Do you think Python is good?

    Yes

    > 3. Do you think Python is real good?

    Yes

    > 4. What is your favorite version of Python?

    Whichever version it was that added string methods.

    > 5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
    > world? If so, when? If not, when?

    Just as soon as I get my orbiting brain lasers back on line.

    > 7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
    > one Python guru?

    Trick question, the Z80 was a figment of your imagination.

    > Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

    STL compile error diagnostics.

    > Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
    > closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

    The bartender says, "What is this, some kind of a joke?"

    Roy Smith, Jun 2, 2007

  3. In <1.spcsdns.net>, Roy Smith

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zilog_Z80

    >> Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

    > STL compile error diagnostics.

    So do you agree or disagree!? ;-)

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Jun 2, 2007
  4. <> wrote:

    > 7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
    > one Python guru?

    About one tenth of an assembly language programmer?

    I suppose it depends on how you define "equal".

    As for the bar room people - they are all people clinging to weird belief
    systems...

    - Hendrik

    Hendrik van Rooyen, Jun 2, 2007
  5. Tijs Guest

    wrote:

    > 1. Do you like Python?

    Yes

    > 2. Do you think Python is good?

    Yes

    > 3. Do you think Python is real good?

    No. If it were real good, it would have type inference and (based on that)
    compile-time type checking and optimized native-code compilation.
    Of course, type inference is hard to combine with operator overloading and
    dynamic classes/objects, but duh, if it were real, real good...

    > 4. What is your favorite version of Python?

    The one that comes with Debian stable.

    > 5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
    > world? If so, when? If not, when?

    Yes. In 2015.

    > 7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
    > one Python guru?

    Trick question. A *real* Python guru would be fluent in Z80 assembly as
    well.

    > Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

    Agree. Readable interface-based callbacks. (Is that 4 or 5 words?)

    > Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
    > closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

    try:
    pass

    --

    Regards,
    Tijs

    Tijs, Jun 2, 2007
  6. James Stroud Guest

    wrote:
    > Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

    disagree: too many pluses.

    James Stroud, Jun 2, 2007
  7. wrote:

    > Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
    > closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

    Getting religious, eh? :)

    http://xkcd.com/c224.html

    Regards,

    Björn

    --
    BOFH excuse #14:

    sounds like a Windows problem, try calling Microsoft support

    Bjoern Schliessmann, Jun 2, 2007
  8. On Jun 1, 2007, at 9:33 PM, wrote:

    > 1. Do you like Python?

    It's pretty good.

    > 2. Do you think Python is good?

    It's pretty good.

    > 3. Do you think Python is real good?

    It's pretty good.

    > 4. What is your favorite version of Python?

    The one I have.

    > 5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
    > world? If so, when? If not, when?

    Which world?

    1

    > Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

    0

    -michael
    ---
    "I would rather use Java than Perl. And I'd rather be eaten by a
    crocodile than use Java." — Trouser

    Michael Bentley, Jun 2, 2007
  9. Dustan Guest

    On Jun 1, 9:33 pm, wrote:
    > 1. Do you like Python?

    yes

    > 2. Do you think Python is good?

    yes

    > 3. Do you think Python is real good?

    yes

    > 4. What is your favorite version of Python?

    The most recent one.

    > 5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
    > world?

    I don't know; I've never considered taking over the world.

    > If so, when? If not, when?
    >
    > 7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
    > one Python guru?

    I don't know about Z80, but the word 'assembly' makes me think: .00004

    > Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

    I can not say.

    > Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
    > closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

    I'm glad this is just bonus.

    What do I win?

    Dustan, Jun 2, 2007
  10. Roy Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <> wrote:

    > In <1.spcsdns.net>, Roy Smith
    > wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > wrote:
    > >> 7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
    > >> one Python guru?

    > > Trick question, the Z80 was a figment of your imagination.

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zilog_Z80

    Wikipedia is a figment of your imagination. And, having once had a
    Trash-80 (complete with audio cassette storage), I certainly hope the Z-80
    was also.

    > >> Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

    > > STL compile error diagnostics.

    > So do you agree or disagree!? ;-)

    Depends. Are we talking four 32-bit words or four 64-bit words?

    Roy Smith, Jun 2, 2007

    > 1. Do you like Python?

    Yes, or I wouldn't still be subscribed to the python-list.
    > 2. Do you think Python is good?

    Yes. Well it is a good Language. I can code in python
    at-least twice as fast as I could in C or C++.

    > 3. Do you think Python is real good?

    Yeah, if you meant 'very' instead of real. It has alot of
    nice features. Combining the best features of many other
    languages.

    > 4. What is your favorite version of Python?

    Have only used 2.4, though I am sure 2.5, once I upgrade
    will become my new favorite, assuming it is backwards compatible.

    > 5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
    > world? If so, when? If not, when?

    No, those who wish to take over the world will do so with mass
    weapons of destruction. Though a little computer virus (perhaps
    written in Python though probably not), that can't be detected
    by a Window's Antivirus may come close.

    > 7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
    > one Python guru?

    Is 0 * Infinity = 0?
    Well really that is different, that is more like comparing
    Apples and Orange-PCs. Assembly Lanugage programmers will probably
    be coding at a much lower and more efficient manner than Python
    programmers who will program at a higher level and get alot
    more done in much fewer lines of code. However, the assembly
    code can probably do things that Python can't

    > Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

    Yes - classes, inheritance, abstraction.

    > Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
    > closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

    A rabbi enters a bar. At the same time he (or she) is giving milk
    to a newly born goat. Shortly after he arrives, a priest and
    Perl hacker also enter at the same bar.

    , Jun 2, 2007
  12. reed Guest

    0

    0

    > 3. Do you think Python is real good?

    0

    > 4. What is your favorite version of Python?

    2.4+

    > 5. Because of Python, do you think it will be easier to take over the
    > world? If so, when? If not, when?

    from future import __all__
    print "done"

    > 7. How many Z80 assembly language programmers does it take to equal
    > one Python guru?

    from z80 import guru

    > Essay: "C++ is better than C", agree or disagree? (four word maximum)

    sigh

    > Bonus: A rabbi walks into a bar while nursing a baby goat. He is
    > closely followed by a priest, and a Perl hacker. Explain.

    $_

    reed, Jun 2, 2007