Python Power Point Slides

Krypto

Hi,

I want to give a short presentation in my group about benefits of
python, why should one use python and some basic starting information
about python, about its data type, etc.

Can somebody point me to the right references on the web. I have
searched a lot and I do get quite a few but I thought to check on
newsgroup for a better presentation, or if you have prepared any, can
you please share it.

Thanks

Irmen de Jong

Krypto said:
Hi,

I want to give a short presentation in my group about benefits of
python, why should one use python and some basic starting information
about python, about its data type, etc.

Can somebody point me to the right references on the web. I have
searched a lot and I do get quite a few but I thought to check on
newsgroup for a better presentation, or if you have prepared any, can
you please share it.

Thanks

Ahem, if you can't create one yourself, how could you ever give
a convincing presentation about these subjects?
You'll have to tell your own story...
You know the benefits of Python etc. yourself, don't you?

--Irmen

Steven D'Aprano

Ahem, if you can't create one yourself, how could you ever give a
convincing presentation about these subjects? You'll have to tell your
own story... You know the benefits of Python etc. yourself, don't you?

Doesn't mean (s)he is articulate enough to explain them in his own words
without help, AND familiar enough with Powerpoint or OpenOffice to drive
them effectively, AND has an artistic flair to make the slides not suck,
AND has the time to do all these things.

Asking for a good presentation is no worse than asking for a good code
library. Maybe Krypto is like some actors or professional Masters of
Ceremonies: excellent at giving the speech, lousy at writing it.

kyosohma

Doesn't mean (s)he is articulate enough to explain them in his own words
without help, AND familiar enough with Powerpoint or OpenOffice to drive
them effectively, AND has an artistic flair to make the slides not suck,
AND has the time to do all these things.

Asking for a good presentation is no worse than asking for a good code
library. Maybe Krypto is like some actors or professional Masters of
Ceremonies: excellent at giving the speech, lousy at writing it.

Examples of Python presentations:

http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/
http://www.cs.wfu.edu/~pauca/csc231/python/Python.pdf

Be sure to cite your sources!