Python Project (sigh with Java)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ramza Brown, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. Ramza Brown

    Ramza Brown Guest

    I know you may frown at my use at java, but this is a pretty simple way
    to create GUIs quickly, using Java's swing. I have some code for an
    approach for integrating the swing GUI components and python. I threw
    the project together in a couple of days, so it is not some massive
    application. And, I have some little models(hehe). Anyway, if you want
    to check out an approach for working with Jython, here it is.

    Some questions, I do get asked, how do you us python code in java. I
    normally don't like using my python objects in the java code.
    Basically, there is never the *.java files. You can do everything in
    python, it is a lot simpler, short of language constructs you can only
    do in java.

    This is a HTML code generator, you only need a java runtime.

    http://www.newspiritcompany.com/phoenixproj.html

    --
    Ramza from Atlanta
    http://www.newspiritcompany.com

    Ramza Brown, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Ramza Brown

    could ildg Guest

    Good job~
    I also like both java and py so I always focus on jython,
    but now it's being moved forward kinda slow.
    I'm looking forward to jython 2.4.

    You're right, swing is great. wxpy is also wonderfu but it's so lack
    of docs. I mainly work on windows so I use p4d(python for delphi), I
    use delphi for UI and use py for some other works. p4d is magic, I
    like it. And I recommend it to everyone who is familiar with both py
    and delphi.

    could ildg, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Ramza Brown

    Ramza Brown Guest

    could ildg wrote:
    > Good job~
    > I also like both java and py so I always focus on jython,
    > but now it's being moved forward kinda slow.
    > I'm looking forward to jython 2.4.
    >
    > You're right, swing is great. wxpy is also wonderfu but it's so lack
    > of docs. I mainly work on windows so I use p4d(python for delphi), I
    > use delphi for UI and use py for some other works. p4d is magic, I
    > like it. And I recommend it to everyone who is familiar with both py
    > and delphi.
    >
    > On 8/9/05, Ramza Brown <> wrote:
    >
    >>I know you may frown at my use at java, but this is a pretty simple way
    >>to create GUIs quickly, using Java's swing. I have some code for an
    >>approach for integrating the swing GUI components and python. I threw
    >>the project together in a couple of days, so it is not some massive
    >>application. And, I have some little models(hehe). Anyway, if you want
    >>to check out an approach for working with Jython, here it is.
    >>
    >>Some questions, I do get asked, how do you us python code in java. I
    >>normally don't like using my python objects in the java code.
    >>Basically, there is never the *.java files. You can do everything in
    >>python, it is a lot simpler, short of language constructs you can only
    >>do in java.
    >>
    >>This is a HTML code generator, you only need a java runtime.
    >>
    >>http://www.newspiritcompany.com/phoenixproj.html
    >>
    >>--
    >>Ramza from Atlanta
    >>http://www.newspiritcompany.com
    >>--

    And I normally don't take the entire python library with me. I just
    take 'jython.jar' so I can distribute it easier.

    --
    Ramza from Atlanta
    http://www.newspiritcompany.com

    Ramza Brown, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Ramza Brown

    could ildg Guest

    But the function is also too limited. What I want to do is to run much
    of my py scripts in jython as good as possible.

    could ildg, Aug 9, 2005
  5. Ramza Brown

    Evil Bastard Guest

    Ramza Brown wrote:
    > And I normally don't take the entire python library with me. I just
    > take 'jython.jar' so I can distribute it easier.

    Agreed - if one is happy with the costs of java inter-operation, then
    jython rocks the house. Otherwise, I could recommend PMW atop Tkinter,
    since the python wrapping is better implemented and documented than
    other guis and, for a given level of polish and functionality in a gui,
    PMW/Tkinter gets the job done with less lines of code and less litres of
    blood/sweat/tears.

    --
    Cheers
    EB