Python Project (sigh with Java)

Ramza Brown

I know you may frown at my use at java, but this is a pretty simple way
to create GUIs quickly, using Java's swing. I have some code for an
approach for integrating the swing GUI components and python. I threw
the project together in a couple of days, so it is not some massive
application. And, I have some little models(hehe). Anyway, if you want
to check out an approach for working with Jython, here it is.

Some questions, I do get asked, how do you us python code in java. I
normally don't like using my python objects in the java code.
Basically, there is never the *.java files. You can do everything in
python, it is a lot simpler, short of language constructs you can only
do in java.

This is a HTML code generator, you only need a java runtime.

http://www.newspiritcompany.com/phoenixproj.html

could ildg

Good job~
I also like both java and py so I always focus on jython,
but now it's being moved forward kinda slow.
I'm looking forward to jython 2.4.

You're right, swing is great. wxpy is also wonderfu but it's so lack
of docs. I mainly work on windows so I use p4d(python for delphi), I
use delphi for UI and use py for some other works. p4d is magic, I
like it. And I recommend it to everyone who is familiar with both py
and delphi.

Ramza Brown

could said:
[...]

And I normally don't take the entire python library with me. I just
take 'jython.jar' so I can distribute it easier.

could ildg

But the function is also too limited. What I want to do is to run much
of my py scripts in jython as good as possible.

Evil Bastard

Ramza said:
And I normally don't take the entire python library with me. I just
take 'jython.jar' so I can distribute it easier.

Agreed - if one is happy with the costs of java inter-operation, then
jython rocks the house. Otherwise, I could recommend PMW atop Tkinter,
since the python wrapping is better implemented and documented than
other guis and, for a given level of polish and functionality in a gui,
PMW/Tkinter gets the job done with less lines of code and less litres of
blood/sweat/tears.