Python reimport

peteshinners

I've implemented a working reimport that, "does what you want". After
a bit of testing with friends, I'm releasing version 1.0 tonight.

http://code.google.com/p/reimport/

There's still work to do, but this already does a bit of fancy
transmuting to push the reimport changes into the runtime. This is not
a fully solveable problem, but this also allows modules to define
callbacks that can assist the process.

Looking for a wider audience to test with. At minimum, my friends and
I are using this as a huge relief to alternative workarounds. At best
this release will spur wider adoption and further development.

peteshinners

When making an announcement of a new version of a project, please
summarise in the announcement what that project is (i.e. what the
program does)

This module has a reimport function that works as a replacement for
the reload builtin. It does a respectable job of updating the changes
into the interpreter runtime. It also includes a function to find all
changed python modules on disk.