Python RPM and CentOS

rbt

Not really a Python question, but I thought some on this list may be
able to answer.... so here goes:

I have several machines on which I must install CentOS. There are many
updates to CentOS and it's very time consuming to do the updates over
the network. I have a local copy of all of the updated rpms. Would it be
reasonable to do something like this to upgrade them locally and more
quickly than over the network???

updated_rpms = [list of updated rpms]

for f in updated_rpms:

try:
os.popen("/bin/rpm --nodeps -U %s" %f)

except Exception, e:
print e

Thanks,

rbt

flamesrock

I know that gentoo has support for local repositories, and emerge is
built on python so...this would make sense. But there is a difference
between rpms and ebuilds..