Python RPM distribution with altinstall on Centos 5

thomas.lehmann

Hi all,

I missed to find a Python 2.7.6 Centos 5 distribution.
Here's what I planned to do:

- building from source on Centos 5 in a chroot (is working fine)
- using "sudo make altinstall" (is working fine)

But ...

- I want to build this via Jenkins (we have this kind of chroot
build's still in place)
- how to create a RPM for this concrete Centos 5 - Python version
with the "altinstall" feature? (!! we require this !!)

Maybe you also have another idea on how to solve this ....

Kind Regards,
Thomas