    every 5 mins, 10 secs, 20 secs, 1 min and so forth. I was wondering what is
    the best way to do this?

    Also, would Greenlet do something I am asking for?

    Rita, Feb 21, 2013

  2. Rita

    rusi Guest

    On Feb 21, 9:04 am, Rita <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Here is what I am trying to do. (Currently, I am doing this in cron but i
    > need much more granularity). I am trying to run program every 20 secs and
    > loop forever. I have several of these types of processes, some should run
    > every 5 mins, 10 secs, 20 secs, 1 min and so forth. I was wondering what is
    > the best way to do this?

    Erlang, which is geared for such stuff, has its own internal cron
    https://github.com/erlware/erlcron with 2 sec granularity.
    Not an ideal solution I guess. Anyway since you are using cron (ie
    not within the python ecosystem) I am pointing this out. Then you
    could use the erlang equivalent of python's os.system. In erlang its
    os:cmd http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/os.html
    rusi, Feb 21, 2013