python search path on the command prompt in windows

John Salerno

Is there a way for me to somehow specify that I want Python to search
all subdirectories of a particular directory when I'm running or testing
files from the command prompt?

For example, I have a folder in my C:\Python24 folder called myscripts\.
At first I saved my scripts in there, since there weren't many, and any
work I did from the command prompt I did from this directory (with the
directory added to my PYTHONPATH variable). But after using py2exe and
seeing how many extra files and directories it created, I started to
realize that it would be silly to keep all my files in just one folder.

So I made two folders in my myscripts\ folder, one called mytimer\ and
the other called switches\. Now, if I'm still working in the myscripts\
directory at the command prompt, is there a way for Python to
automatically check into these directories for any files I might be
trying to run?

If not, is there a better way to do this?

Thanks.