python shelve on win vs unix

Tor Erik Soenvisen

Hi,

Have a problem using shelve on windows and unix. While my windows box
supports dbhash, my unix box supports gdbm, and neither supports what the
other does. The problem arises when I try to use the shelve generated in
unix on my windows box.

Hoepfully there are alternatives to installing the berkeley db (needed by
dbhash) on unix, which I'm looking at now. I'm no unix guru and would
probably use "forever" to get it up and running.

Any suggestions for a quick and dirty solution (such as alternatives to
shelve for persistent storage) to this problem would be appreciated.

regards, Tor Erik

Istvan Albert

Any suggestions for a quick and dirty solution (such as alternatives to
shelve for persistent storage) to this problem would be appreciated.

the easiest might be to just pickle your data into files. You could
also use Durus

http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/durus/

or ZODB, there are also some other object persistence libraries that
I've recently seen mentioned.

i.