    on the net?

    ....Peter
    http://GoodJobFastCar.com

    Peter Smith [gjfc], Dec 6, 2006

  2. Peter Smith [gjfc] wrote:
    > I have sendmail working on my linux box.
    >
    > Since I can use sendmail to send e-mails, would it be easy to write a
    > simple Python class which listens for data on port 25?
    >
    > Then, if it gets some data, it just passes it to sendmail.
    >
    > Do any of you know if such a simple script is floating around somewhere
    > on the net?

    >>> import smtpd

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Dec 6, 2006

  3. Peter Smith [gjfc]

    Tim Roberts Guest

    "Peter Smith [gjfc]" <> wrote:

    >I have sendmail working on my linux box.
    >
    >Since I can use sendmail to send e-mails, would it be easy to write a
    >simple Python class which listens for data on port 25?
    >
    >Then, if it gets some data, it just passes it to sendmail.

    Ummm, I'm rather confused as to why you don't just have sendmail do this.
    After all, that is its primary function: to run as a daemon, listening on
    port 25, and delivering incoming messages to local mailboxes.
    --
    Tim Roberts,
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

    Tim Roberts, Dec 7, 2006