[Python] SMTP server based on Python?

Peter Smith [gjfc]

People,

I have sendmail working on my linux box.

Since I can use sendmail to send e-mails, would it be easy to write a
simple Python class which listens for data on port 25?

Then, if it gets some data, it just passes it to sendmail.

Do any of you know if such a simple script is floating around somewhere
on the net?

....Peter
http://GoodJobFastCar.com

Tim Roberts

Peter Smith said:
I have sendmail working on my linux box.

Since I can use sendmail to send e-mails, would it be easy to write a
simple Python class which listens for data on port 25?

Then, if it gets some data, it just passes it to sendmail.

Ummm, I'm rather confused as to why you don't just have sendmail do this.
After all, that is its primary function: to run as a daemon, listening on
port 25, and delivering incoming messages to local mailboxes.