Python source checkout problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by Andrew Lucas, Jul 15, 2010.

  1. Andrew Lucas

    Andrew Lucas Guest

    I am trying to check-out the python source using subversion. The
    documentation says that

    "svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk"

    should do the trick.

    When I do this I get the following response:

    "svn: REPORT of '/projects/!svn/vcc/default': 200 OK (http://
    svn.python.org)"

    There is now a hidden .svn folder in my directory, but I can't find
    any source anywhere, all subdirectories are empty.

    When I try to update via

    "svn update"

    I get the following response.

    "svn: Server sent unexpected return value (307 Proxy Redirect) in
    response to OPTIONS request for 'http://svn.python.org/projects/python/
    trunk' "

    Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

    Thanks,
    Andrew
    Andrew Lucas, Jul 15, 2010

  2. Andrew Lucas

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 7/15/2010 11:23 AM, Andrew Lucas wrote:
    > I am trying to check-out the python source using subversion. The
    > documentation says that

    Which doc? It probably needs to be changed.

    > "svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk"

    I believe 'trunk' is frozen as of the 2.7 release.
    I suspect you want the releasexy-maint branch for some value of x and y
    or py3k for what is now the main developmemt branch. (3.2a)

    As to the errors: I am currently browsing the svn view ok. I would try
    again to make sure it was not a temporary glitch.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Jul 15, 2010

  3. Andrew Lucas

    Mike Nerone Guest

    On 07/15/2010 10:23 AM, Andrew Lucas wrote:
    > "svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk"

    > "svn: Server sent unexpected return value (307 Proxy Redirect) in
    > response to OPTIONS request for 'http://svn.python.org/projects/python/
    > trunk' "

    Assuming trunk is what you actually want, I would guess that your
    environment has a proxy server that's not compatible with subversion
    getting in your way. Ask your network admins if you're at a business
    location.

    Mike Nerone
    Mike Nerone, Jul 15, 2010