    paradigm ?

    --
    regards, chris

    Chris Stiles, May 12, 2004

  2. Chris Stiles

    Jon Franz Guest

    The official references don't include anything since the modules are just
    implementations of the DBAPI standard - getting to know that standard will
    help you immensely.

    http://www.python.org/sigs/db-sig/status.html

    Alternately, try using PDO (Python Database Objects). You will still need a
    DBAPI complaint module for PDO to work correctly, but it is designed to be
    easy to use and provides some nice features like column-access-by-name,
    while still being lightweight and very fast. Oh, and its free.

    http://pdo.neurokode.com

    ~Jon Franz
    NeuroKode Labs, LLC

    Jon Franz, May 12, 2004

  3. Op Wed, 12 May 2004 17:02:28 +0100, schreef Chris Stiles:

    > What are my options for using Python and SQL - specifically mysql ? So far
    > I've found pysqldb and python-mysql on sourceforge, but the official
    > references don't seem to include anything.
    >
    > Is there an API that supports the 'table row expressed/mapped to object'
    > paradigm ?

    if i remember correctly python has an sql api. A google on python sql api
    gave me the following two adresses.

    http://www.amk.ca/python/writing/DB-API.html

    http://www.wellho.net/forum/Programming-in-Python-and-Ruby/
    Python-and-SQL-the-DB-API-and-Gadfly.html

    First adres seems to be the most promissing.

    hope I was of some help.

    Lennaert Goris, May 12, 2004
  4. Chris Stiles

    Brian Gough Guest

    Chris Stiles <> writes:

    > What are my options for using Python and SQL - specifically mysql ? So far
    > I've found pysqldb and python-mysql on sourceforge, but the official
    > references don't seem to include anything.

    The database SIG has the most official information on the DB-API and
    modules which conform to it: http://www.python.org/topics/database/

    --
    Brian Gough

    Network Theory Ltd,
    Publishing the Python Manuals --- http://www.network-theory.co.uk/

    Brian Gough, May 12, 2004
  5. Chris Stiles

    Chris Stiles Guest

    "Jon Franz" <> writes:
    > Alternately, try using PDO (Python Database Objects). You will still need a
    > DBAPI complaint module for PDO to work correctly, but it is designed to be
    > easy to use and provides some nice features like column-access-by-name,
    > while still being lightweight and very fast. Oh, and its free.

    Thanks, i'll take a look at it.

    --
    chris

    Chris Stiles, May 12, 2004
  6. In article <>, Chris Stiles wrote:

    > Is there an API that supports the 'table row expressed/mapped to object'
    > paradigm ?

    SQLObject, MiddleKit, and several others.

    Dave Cook

    David M. Cook, May 13, 2004
  7. Chris Stiles

    Chris Stiles Guest

    "David M. Cook" <> writes:
    > In article <>, Chris Stiles wrote:
    >
    >> Is there an API that supports the 'table row expressed/mapped to object'
    >> paradigm ?

    > SQLObject, MiddleKit, and several others.

    Thanks Dave, i'll take a look at these also.

    --
    regards, chris

    Chris Stiles, May 13, 2004