python sqlite3 api question

lolmcbride

Hi,
is it possible to pass args through the api which are the same as the
args you can use on the sqlite3 command line?
What I'm talking about is the .mode or .output commands which you can
enter via the sqlite3 cli so I can dynamically change were the output
goes.
Ta

Fredrik Lundh

is it possible to pass args through the api which are the same as the
args you can use on the sqlite3 command line?
What I'm talking about is the .mode or .output commands which you can
enter via the sqlite3 cli so I can dynamically change were the output
goes.

sqlite/sqlite3 is an application built on top of the sqlite database engine,
while Python's pysqlite/sqlite3 library is a binding to the same database
engine.

the database never prints anything to anywhere, and neither does Python's
binding. if you want to print things, you have to print them yourself.

</F>

lolmcbride

Ah, je comprend. Thanks for pointing that out to me - I'll just have to
spend more time at the code face to get the job done.
Many thanks,
Lol