Python stack trace on blocked running script.

Rich Burridge

Hi all,

If this is a frequently asked question, then just slap me silly and point me
in the right direction.

We are currently experiencing a hanging problem with Orca [1], a
screen reader/magnifier written in Python. We know how to get a
stack trace of the current thread in a Python problem, but the problem
is that the script is currently blocked on a Bonobo [2] call, that is
preventing us from doing this.

What we are looking for is a way to get a complete stack
trace of each running thread at this point. Sort of the Python equivalent
of Control-\ in Java. Is there any way we can do this?

Or any other suggestions on how to hone in and solve this problem?

Thanks.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Orca/
[2] http://developer.gnome.org/arch/component/bonobo.html