Python Success Stories (was Re: Python used in Freedom Force)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Stephan Deibel, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Alan James Salmoni wrote:
    > Irmen de Jong <> wrote in message news:<4006911e$0$327$4all.nl>...
    > > Roberto Amorim wrote:
    > >
    > > > Not only Freedom Force, but also Severance: Blade of Darkness (3rd-person
    > > > action medieval game) and Bridge Commander (Star Trek TNG simulator).

    > > And also Cyan's URU:Ages Beyond Myst.
    > > I discovered some Python dlls and files in the game directory...
    > >
    > > --Irmen

    > Perhaps all this stuff could be put onto the "Python Success Stories"
    > part of the python.org website? It's not public, but if the language
    > is clearly being used...

    Hi,

    I'm the guy that started this collection and am continuously accepting
    Python Success Stories to add to the current set. In addition to being
    available online, some of the stories were published in a booklet from
    O'Reilly, and I'm hoping they'll do future volumes as they did for the
    Perl Success Stories.

    There's information on writing a story here:

    http://pythonology.org/successguide/

    I can take outlines or whole stories and can answer any questions you
    might have.

    BTW, if you want to "franchise" the content to your own Python-oriented
    website, you can do that as described here:

    http://pythonology.org/success&help=1

    (but please *do* cache rather than re-fetching the story from us on
    every page load! ;-)

    It would be great to get a fresh batch of stories going. I've been
    less than aggressive in soliciting new ones lately but would like to
    get this effort moving again.

    Thanks!

    Stephan Deibel

    --