    approved languages at Boeing. The developer wrote a thousand line enterprise
    level program in Python. He reports that it would have take ten times the
    lines of code in another language.

    Max M. Stalnaker, Jan 30, 2006

  2. Max M. Stalnaker <> wrote:

    > I urged a friend from Boeing to use python on a personal project. He liked it
    > and repeatedly urged a Boeing developer to use it. Python is on the list of
    > approved languages at Boeing. The developer wrote a thousand line enterprise
    > level program in Python. He reports that it would have take ten times the
    > lines of code in another language.

    Great! Now if this could be contributed as an article for
    pythonology.org, it would be preserved for posterity...!-)

    Alex

    Alex Martelli, Jan 30, 2006

  3. Max M. Stalnaker

    Tim Parkin Guest

    Alex Martelli wrote:
    > Max M. Stalnaker <> wrote:
    >

    >>I urged a friend from Boeing to use python on a personal project. He liked it
    >>and repeatedly urged a Boeing developer to use it. Python is on the list of
    >>approved languages at Boeing. The developer wrote a thousand line enterprise
    >>level program in Python. He reports that it would have take ten times the
    >>lines of code in another language.

    > Great! Now if this could be contributed as an article for
    > pythonology.org, it would be preserved for posterity...!-)

    I don't mind writing it up and formattng it, if we can get in touch with
    the person at boeing.

    Tim

    Tim Parkin, Jan 30, 2006
  4. Max M. Stalnaker

    Steve Holden Guest

    Tim Parkin wrote:
    > Alex Martelli wrote:
    >
    >>Max M. Stalnaker <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I urged a friend from Boeing to use python on a personal project. He liked it
    >>>and repeatedly urged a Boeing developer to use it. Python is on the list of
    >>>approved languages at Boeing. The developer wrote a thousand line enterprise
    >>>level program in Python. He reports that it would have take ten times the
    >>>lines of code in another language.

    >>Great! Now if this could be contributed as an article for
    >>pythonology.org, it would be preserved for posterity...!-)
    >>

    > I don't mind writing it up and formattng it, if we can get in touch with
    > the person at boeing.

    I have a contact at Boeing who acts as the Python "product manager" -
    once we can identify the user he might also be able to help.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
    Holden Web LLC www.holdenweb.com

    Steve Holden, Jan 30, 2006