    each environement

    Sanjay Minni
    www.minisoftindia.com
    Sanjay Minni, Oct 7, 2003

  2. On 7 Oct 2003 03:13:39 -0700,
    Sanjay Minni <> wrote:
    > Will python be a suitable front end in such an
    > environment (specially the Character mode CUI)
    > at least then some of the knowledgebase can be
    > reused.

    Python includes a curses module that wraps most of the SYSV curses/ncurses
    interfaces (though certainly not all of them) so you could use that to
    construct text-mode interfaces.

    --amk
    A.M. Kuchling, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Sanjay Minni

    Paul Clinch Guest

    Yes, you'll find the curses module useful for CUI implementation.

    regards, Paul Clinch
    Paul Clinch, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Sanjay Minni

    Aahz Guest

    In article <>,
    Sanjay Minni <> wrote:

    >We have an oracle based app on linux server where users are a mix
    >of Character Mode Terminals (CUI) alongwith Win, Linux GUI(gnome)
    >terminals.
    >
    >Will python be a suitable front end in such an environment (specially
    >the Character mode CUI) at least then some of the knowledgebase can be
    >reused.

    Haven't looked at it myself, but check out
    http://anygui.sourceforge.net/
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    --Bill Harlan