    Juan
    http://juanreyero.com
    , Dec 11, 2009

  2. Kevin Walzer Guest

    On 12/11/09 3:13 AM, wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I've written a short document with some working examples of how to
    > interface python with other applications in OS-X via applescript (had
    > to spend some time figuring it out, and thought I might as well write
    > it down). The examples include asking Google Earth for the latitude
    > and longitude of the point at the center of its screen, or using the
    > finder to pop-up a dialog window to get input from the user:
    >
    > http://juanreyero.com/article/python/os-x-python.html
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Juan
    > http://juanreyero.com

    Thanks for these examples.

    There is also a Python package that allows you to interface with an
    application's AppleScript dictionary via Python itself, without the
    intermediate step of using the osascript command-line tool:

    http://appscript.sourceforge.net/

    You might find that of interest.

    --Kevin

    --