Python Tutorial

AK

Hello,

I plan to make a new python tutorial and I'd like to collaborate with
someone on it. I'm thinking of a slightly different approach than
existing tutorials: the idea is that readers will learn from examples,
going from small but complete and useful scripts to larger programs,
similar to Django by Example:

http://lightbird.net/dbe/

If you are interested and have a few years of experience with Python,
drop me an email and we'll discuss this further...

-ak

jonadina

hello... pls how did ur tutorial creation go?
Could i get it as i am starting to learn python
thanks

Zachary Ware

(Note, for those confused, context:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2010-August/584707.html)

hello... pls how did ur tutorial creation go?
Could i get it as i am starting to learn python
thanks

Hi,

Please note that you've just posted to a mailing list in response to a
4-year-old post, providing no context whatsoever, which is likely to
cause many members of this list to ignore your question. Google
Groups is only one of many ways in which people use this list, and is
the least polite-by-default -- through no fault of yours, but it means
you'll need to put extra effort into not raising ire. See
https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython for some pointers on
how to use Google Groups politely on this list.

As for your actual question, I don't know if you will get an actual
answer; I don't recall seeing the author of the post you replied to
around here in quite some time. However, there is a very nice
tutorial at http://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/ which should help you
get started. Another good option is Alan Gauld's Learn to Program
website found at http://www.alan-g.me.uk/ and I'm sure a Google search
for "python tutorial" will turn up many options as well :).

You may also be interested in the Python 'tutor' mailing list, see

Regards,