    "Gee Python is Clever"

    Regards,

    Ray Smith

    Ray Smith, Jul 20, 2003

  2. Ray Smith

    Ray Smith Guest

    Ben Finney wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:57:40 GMT, Ray Smith wrote:
    >
    >>when I program a tricky well written piece of code

    > When I see a piece of code that can be described as "tricky", I think
    > "Gee I bet this is a source of bugs".
    >
    > Make your code obvious, please. Trickiness is what I want in a mystery
    > novel or a puzzle, not in code to be read by humans.

    "Tricky" was probably a bad word ... "difficult" might be a better word.

    So to say it again ...

    '''
    when I program a difficult problem "well" in another language I say to
    myself ...

    "Gee I was clever"

    when I program a difficult problem "well" in Python I say to myself ...

    "Gee Python is Clever"
    '''

    Regards,

    Ray Smith

    Ray Smith, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Ray Smith

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Ray Smith wrote:

    > "Tricky" was probably a bad word ... "difficult" might be a better word.

    No, "tricky" is just fine, though you really meant "tricky problem".

    You _did_ say "well written piece of code", and most of us understood
    what you meant without any problem. ;-)

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Jul 20, 2003
  4. Ray Smith

    Ben Finney Guest

    --
    \ "I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer |
    `\ thinks he can get me five." -- Steven Wright |

    Ben Finney, Jul 20, 2003