Python vs ...

Ray Smith

Just a quick thought I had as a stumbled out of bed this morning ...

when I program some tricky piece of code well in another language I say
to myself ...

"Gee I was clever"

when I program a tricky well written piece of code in Python I say to
myself ...

"Gee Python is Clever"

Regards,

Ray Smith

Ray Smith

Ben said:
When I see a piece of code that can be described as "tricky", I think
"Gee I bet this is a source of bugs".

Make your code obvious, please. Trickiness is what I want in a mystery
novel or a puzzle, not in code to be read by humans.

"Tricky" was probably a bad word ... "difficult" might be a better word.

So to say it again ...

'''
when I program a difficult problem "well" in another language I say to
myself ...

"Gee I was clever"

when I program a difficult problem "well" in Python I say to myself ...

"Gee Python is Clever"
'''

Regards,

Ray Smith

Peter Hansen

Ray said:
"Tricky" was probably a bad word ... "difficult" might be a better word.

No, "tricky" is just fine, though you really meant "tricky problem".

You _did_ say "well written piece of code", and most of us understood
what you meant without any problem. ;-)

-Peter

Ben Finney