    My question is I don't know how to communicate between python and C++.
    Any suggestion would be appreciated.

    ®§ http://msn.com.tw

    Yi-Yu Chou, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Yi-Yu Chou

    John J. Lee Guest

    "Yi-Yu Chou" <> writes:

    > I want to use python as my GUI to load a 3D volume (vtkImageData),
    > and use a pointer to pass this 3D image to my own C++ class.
    > My question is I don't know how to communicate between python and C++.
    > Any suggestion would be appreciated.

    Google.

    John

    John J. Lee, Sep 30, 2003

  3. (John J. Lee) writes:

    > "Yi-Yu Chou" <> writes:
    >
    >> I want to use python as my GUI to load a 3D volume (vtkImageData),
    >> and use a pointer to pass this 3D image to my own C++ class.
    >> My question is I don't know how to communicate between python and C++.
    >> Any suggestion would be appreciated.

    > Google.

    I think I can be a little more helpful than that:

    http://www.boost.org/libs/python
    http://www.swig.org

    HTH,
    --
    Dave Abrahams
    Boost Consulting

    David Abrahams, Oct 1, 2003
  4. David Abrahams wrote:

    > (John J. Lee) writes:
    >
    >> "Yi-Yu Chou" <> writes:
    >>
    >>> I want to use python as my GUI to load a 3D volume (vtkImageData),
    >>> and use a pointer to pass this 3D image to my own C++ class.
    >>> My question is I don't know how to communicate between python and C++.
    >>> Any suggestion would be appreciated.

    >> Google.

    > I think I can be a little more helpful than that:
    >
    > http://www.boost.org/libs/python
    > http://www.swig.org

    And even further: google('mayavi python') (this wouldn't be obvious if you
    didn't know about mayavi). There's a solid chance Mayavi will solve the OP's
    problem without writing one line of code. The most recent version includes
    volume rendering right out of the box. If he wants to code, mayavi can also
    be scripted, and a tool called ivtk is included for interactive manipulation
    of vtk objects.

    Cheers,

    f.

    Fernando Perez, Oct 1, 2003