Python web-framework+db with the widest scalability?

A

Alec Taylor

I am building a project requiring high performance and scalability, entailing:

• Role-based authentication with API-key licensing to access data of specific users
• API exposed with REST (XML, JSON), XMLRPC, JSONRPC and SOAP
• "Easily" configurable getters and setters to create APIs accessing the same data but with input/output in different schemas

A conservative estimate of the number of tables—often whose queries require joins—is: 20.

Which database type—e.g.: NoSQL or DBMS—key-value data store or object-relational database—e.g.: Redis or PostgreSQL—and web-framework—e.g. Django, Web2Py or Flask—would you recommend?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor

E

elektrrrus

Hi,

From my experience while NoSQL databases are very fast and scalable, there is lack of _good_ support for popular frameworks. I've try with django and mongoengine, but results was poor. In my company we're building now large api-driven application with django and postgresql as a base. Django has two great api engines - piston and tastypie. Consider looking to nosql eg. mongodb as caching engine and session storage. Django is mature and stable framework, it has some limitations but there are good and documented use cases for doing almost everything You may need. Look also at server layer - popular apache and cgi-like solutions has very poor performance. Maybe You have use-cases to develop with messages queues like celery.

W dniu sobota, 12 maja 2012 10:32:09 UTC+2 użytkownik Alec Taylor napisał:

Ask a Question