python web framework for straight sql (no ORM)?

falcon

Can someone please recommend a python web app framework which doesn't
abstract away sql in favor of python objects?

As far as I can tell, frameworks such as django, turbo gears, etc.
allow one to drop down the the sql layer, however that is not the most
effecient use of the framework. I would like to use sql (similar to
how JSP's JSTL provides tag libraries for sql), yet not have to build
my own components such as: site administration, user registration,
authentication, rss feeds, etc. (I guess I'm thinking of a Django with
straight db-api database interface).

Is there such a framework?

Thanks.

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=

falcon said:
Can someone please recommend a python web app framework which doesn't
abstract away sql in favor of python objects?

As far as I can tell, frameworks such as django, turbo gears, etc.
allow one to drop down the the sql layer, however that is not the most
effecient use of the framework. I would like to use sql (similar to
how JSP's JSTL provides tag libraries for sql), yet not have to build
my own components such as: site administration, user registration,
authentication, rss feeds, etc. (I guess I'm thinking of a Django with
straight db-api database interface).

Is there such a framework?

Thanks.

Nothing prevents you from using staright sql with Django or other
frameworks.
Quoted from Django's home page:

"Define your data models entirely in Python. You get a rich, dynamic
database-access API for free - but you can still write SQL if
needed."

Luis

clothingoptional

It's hard to imagine a framework that would provide you with admin
functions like Django without using ORM... seems dicey at best.
Anyway, it sounds like you are just looking for more flexibility, a
framework that doesn't dictate - is that so? In that case, you might
check out Pylons (pylonshq.com).