    straight db-api database interface).

    Is there such a framework?

    Thanks.
    falcon, Sep 4, 2006

  2. falcon wrote:
    > Can someone please recommend a python web app framework which doesn't
    > abstract away sql in favor of python objects?
    >
    > As far as I can tell, frameworks such as django, turbo gears, etc.
    > allow one to drop down the the sql layer, however that is not the most
    > effecient use of the framework. I would like to use sql (similar to
    > how JSP's JSTL provides tag libraries for sql), yet not have to build
    > my own components such as: site administration, user registration,
    > authentication, rss feeds, etc. (I guess I'm thinking of a Django with
    > straight db-api database interface).
    >
    > Is there such a framework?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Nothing prevents you from using staright sql with Django or other
    frameworks.
    Quoted from Django's home page:

    "Define your data models entirely in Python. You get a rich, dynamic
    database-access API for free - but you can still write SQL if
    needed."

    Luis
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=, Sep 5, 2006

  3. It's hard to imagine a framework that would provide you with admin
    functions like Django without using ORM... seems dicey at best.
    Anyway, it sounds like you are just looking for more flexibility, a
    framework that doesn't dictate - is that so? In that case, you might
    check out Pylons (pylonshq.com).

    clothingoptional, Sep 5, 2006