Python Win32 and Condor

Guest

Hi. I have a created a python script that opens a program then uses the com package to run a few things and then close. the program.

It works perfectly fine when run normally. ie from command prompt or shell.

Now I am using the University of Wisconsins queueing program "Condor" to execute this on a number of machines. So far it works perfectly on everyting I have tried.

Until today. I tried It on another machine on the network, (same OS, WINXP as the rest) same everything actually but now I get this error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Condor\execute\dir_3760\test.py", line 39, in ?
AB = win32com.client.Dispatch("Broker.Application")
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 95, in Dispatch
dispatch, userName = dynamic._GetGoodDispatchAndUserName(dispatch,userName,clsctx)
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 91, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
return (_GetGoodDispatch(IDispatch, clsctx), userName)
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 79, in _GetGoodDispatch
IDispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance(IDispatch, None, clsctx, pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147024891, 'Access is denied.', None, None)

The funny thing is it works without Condor, just executing regularly with cmd prompt. So I thought it was a condor problem but It runs on all other machines just fine, also a jscript run in the
problem machine works with condor.

Any help is apreciated.

Brian Hamm

pythonUser_07

It's been a while since I've experimented with Condor, but it looks
like " 'Access is denied.'", You might want to figure out what user
the condor service is running as and log in as that user and try to run
your code.