    C:\Python23\UNWISE.exe"

    Any ideas ANYONE?

    tim.
    Timothy Martens, Aug 1, 2003

  2. On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 12:34:06 -1000, Timothy Martens
    <> wrote:

    >When I run the Python-2.3.exe on my WIN2K box and go through the initial
    >dialogues, the installer frezes at 1% when it's "Copying File
    >C:\Python23\UNWISE.exe"
    >
    >Any ideas ANYONE?

    Well, can't really pinpoint anything, as on my Win2K SP4 it works just
    fine. Others have already pointed out the obvious candidates antivirus
    and firewall software, as well as re-downloading (have you checked the
    MD5 checksum? If not, google for md5sum.exe, and try that (the
    checksum is at the bottom of the download page), it may be that your
    download was corrupted, and your re-download came from your ISP's
    cache and so was corrupted too).

    Apart from that I can only list everything that made problems in my
    earlier life as a sysadmin/network tech, in increasing order of
    unlikeliness:
    Have you tried it on a different computer, if you have access to one?
    Have you tried to disable everything, and I mean everything that
    Windows loads at startup time? Have you checked the harddisk? Have you
    defragmented your harddisk? Have you tried removing unnecessary (for
    Python) hardware, like TV cards, scanners, etc. As a last resort, have
    you tried to reinstall Windows, and the SP, and then Python before
    anything else?

    --Christopher
    Christopher Koppler, Aug 2, 2003

  3. Timothy Martens

    John J. Lee Guest

    Timothy Martens <> writes:

    > When I run the Python-2.3.exe on my WIN2K box and go through the
    > initial dialogues, the installer frezes at 1% when it's "Copying File
    > C:\Python23\UNWISE.exe"
    >
    > Any ideas ANYONE?

    Actually, thinking about it, *don't* report a bug on SF until you've
    checked any antivirus software (and the other stuff Christopher
    mentioned, I guess).

    John
    John J. Lee, Aug 2, 2003