Python with no significant whitespace

mep

Hi,all
Is there anybody trying to release a modification version to current
python source code with no significant whitespace, say replacing whitespace
by {}
like C or java. I do *NOT* mean whitespace is good or bad, just
want to know.

Best Regards,
mep

Stephen Thorne

Hi,all
Is there anybody trying to release a modification version to current
python source code with no significant whitespace, say replacing whitespace
by {}
like C or java. I do *NOT* mean whitespace is good or bad, just
want to know.

http://logix.livelogix.com/

don't know why you'd bother tho. any competant programmer already
indents code exactly like python requires you to.

Stephen

Tom

Just though I'd point out that Logix *does* use whitespace for
delimiting blocks. Or rather, it can use whitespace, and the languages
that come as standard do.

With Logix you could quite easily make a version of Python with, e.g.,
braces instead of whitespace for delimiting blocks. That's probably
what the Stephen was getting at.

Tom.

Jeremy Sanders

Hi,all
Is there anybody trying to release a modification version to current
python source code with no significant whitespace, say replacing whitespace
by {}
like C or java. I do *NOT* mean whitespace is good or bad, just
want to know.

It probably would be easy to convert source in the form using brackets to
indented form on the fly, and use exec to interpret the converted form.

You need to do something like convert XXXX { to

XXXX:
foo

Of course this isn't a good idea.

Jeremy