Python2.3 logging utilities

Discussion in 'Python' started by Samir Patel, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Samir Patel

    Samir Patel Guest

    First of all, hats of on logging module in python 2.3.
    Very elegant...

    I have 2 questions regarding Handler class in logging:

    1. SocketHandler: Can I send plain string instead of
    pickle binary. This will allow me to send a TCP log
    message to program written in other programming lang.

    2. SMTPHandler: Is there any way to send an email
    where server requires authentication through
    logconfig.ini file. I send an email message to myself
    through logging and SMTPHandler and it works perfect,
    but if I want to send an email to external email
    address, I can't do it because replying is not allow.
    I can do it this in a python program by using ehlo and
    docmd of smtplib object, but how can I do same thing
    in loggers' config.ini file.

    Thanks in advance

    http://sbc.yahoo.com

    Samir Patel, Jul 17, 2003