python2.7.1 freebsd development version

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim, Apr 1, 2011.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    hi,
    I can't seem to find the development version of python2.7.1; maybe
    there isn't one any longer, but according to this post, there was a
    bug in the configure script that affects freebsd machines; the patch
    to fix it was made, but I think I'm not picking that fix up.
    http://bugs.python.org/file19836/freebsd_ldshared.patch

    Where should I look for the updated version?
    thanks,
    --Tim Arnold
     
    Tim, Apr 1, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Tim

    Tim Golden Guest

    On 01/04/2011 15:25, Tim wrote:
    > hi,
    > I can't seem to find the development version of python2.7.1; maybe
    > there isn't one any longer, but according to this post, there was a
    > bug in the configure script that affects freebsd machines; the patch
    > to fix it was made, but I think I'm not picking that fix up.
    > http://bugs.python.org/file19836/freebsd_ldshared.patch
    >
    > Where should I look for the updated version?


    This is the Mercurial repo:

    http://hg.python.org/cpython/

    Look for the 2.7 named branch which tracks 2.7.x development

    TJG
     
    Tim Golden, Apr 1, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    On Apr 1, 10:55 am, Tim Golden <> wrote:
    > On 01/04/2011 15:25, Tim wrote:
    >
    > > hi,
    > > I can't seem to find the development version of python2.7.1; maybe
    > > there isn't one any longer, but according to this post, there was a
    > > bug in the configure script that affects freebsd machines; the patch
    > > to fix it was made, but I think I'm not picking that fix up.
    > >http://bugs.python.org/file19836/freebsd_ldshared.patch

    >
    > > Where should I look for the updated version?

    >
    > This is the Mercurial repo:
    >
    >    http://hg.python.org/cpython/
    >
    > Look for the 2.7 named branch which tracks 2.7.x development    
    >
    > TJG


    hi Tim, thanks -- just what I was looking for, just couldn't find it
    on my own at all!

    --T
     
    Tim, Apr 1, 2011
    #3
  4. Tim

    Tim Golden Guest

    On 01/04/2011 16:34, Tim wrote:
    > On Apr 1, 10:55 am, Tim Golden<> wrote:
    >> On 01/04/2011 15:25, Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>> hi,
    >>> I can't seem to find the development version of python2.7.1; maybe
    >>> there isn't one any longer, but according to this post, there was a
    >>> bug in the configure script that affects freebsd machines; the patch
    >>> to fix it was made, but I think I'm not picking that fix up.
    >>> http://bugs.python.org/file19836/freebsd_ldshared.patch

    >>
    >>> Where should I look for the updated version?

    >>
    >> This is the Mercurial repo:
    >>
    >> http://hg.python.org/cpython/
    >>
    >> Look for the 2.7 named branch which tracks 2.7.x development
    >>
    >> TJG

    >
    > hi Tim, thanks -- just what I was looking for, just couldn't find it
    > on my own at all!


    This is probably the best starting point (recently published):

    http://docs.python.org/devguide/

    (first hit for: Python development)

    Look down that page is "Source code"

    TJG
     
    Tim Golden, Apr 1, 2011
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. John fabiani
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    278
    John fabiani
    Jul 2, 2004
  2. Ksenia Marasanova
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    356
    Mike Meyer
    Nov 17, 2005
  3. Xiao Jianfeng
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    382
    Mike Meyer
    Nov 18, 2005
  4. V Green
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    865
    V Green
    Feb 5, 2008
  5. PA Bear [MS MVP]
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    975
    PA Bear [MS MVP]
    Feb 5, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page