    soon... I wanted to know what all web frameworks are available for
    Python3... I heard the Django is still not compatible with 3.x... Any
    idea guys?
    Aman, Dec 31, 2010

  2. On 2010-12-30 23:47:17 -0800, Aman said:

    > Hey all... I just started with Python, and I chose Python3 because it
    > seemed a subtle choice as compared to doing Pthon 2.x now and then
    > porting to Python3.x later... I plan to start with Web Development
    > soon... I wanted to know what all web frameworks are available for
    > Python3... I heard the Django is still not compatible with 3.x... Any
    > idea guys?

    Python 3 has a number of issues with web development thus far: WSGI[1]
    (PEP 333) isn't directly compatible with Python 3, for one.

    However, PEP 3333 is looking good[2] for making web framework code
    compatible with Python 3 without needing too much modification. I'm
    not sure what the state of affairs is for PEP 3333 or Python 3
    compatible frameworks, however. (CherryPy -might- be compatible, I can
    not recall.)

    Basically this means that using Python 3, you'll be "roughing it" for a while.

    On the other hand, I'm working on PEP 444[3] (WSGI 2) and have a highly
    performant web server compatible with Python 3 available[4] that is
    compatible with PEP 444 as published on Python.org[5] (master branch)
    and with my rewritten draft (draft branch, to be merged when my rewrite
    is complete and published on Python.org). Another developer and I have
    been working on the WebOb-style helper exceptions and wrappers, from
    which a microframework can quickly spawn.

    The HTTP server has 100% coverage (master) and near-100% coverage
    (draft) and compatibility with Python 2.6+ and 3.1+.

    Have a great day,

    - Alice.

    [1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0333/
    [2] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3333/
    [3] http://bit.ly/e7rtI6
    [4] http://bit.ly/fLfamO
    [5] http://bit.ly/gmT17O
    Alice Bevan–McGregor, Dec 31, 2010

  3. Aman

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 12/31/2010 3:47 AM, Alice Bevan–McGregor wrote:

    > Python 3 has a number of issues with web development thus far:

    I believe some will be improved or even solved in 3.2.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Dec 31, 2010
  4. Am 31.12.2010 08:47, schrieb Aman:
    > Hey all... I just started with Python, and I chose Python3 because it
    > seemed a subtle choice as compared to doing Pthon 2.x now and then
    > porting to Python3.x later... I plan to start with Web Development
    > soon... I wanted to know what all web frameworks are available for
    > Python3... I heard the Django is still not compatible with 3.x... Any
    > idea guys?

    You could try my port of Django to Py3k:

    https://bitbucket.org/loewis/django-3k

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. Loewis, Dec 31, 2010
  5. On 2010-12-31 02:20:47 -0800, Terry Reedy said:

    > I believe some will be improved or even solved in 3.2.

    Evidence to back this statement up would be appreciated. ;)

    - Alice.
    Alice Bevan–McGregor, Dec 31, 2010
  6. Aman

    Robert Guest

    On 2010-12-31 17:24:56 -0500, Alice BevanÐMcGregor said:

    > On 2010-12-31 02:20:47 -0800, Terry Reedy said:
    >
    >> I believe some will be improved or even solved in 3.2.

    > Evidence to back this statement up would be appreciated. ;)
    >
    > - Alice.

    - wsgiref now implements and validates PEP 3333, rather than an experimental
    extension of PEP 333. (Note: earlier versions of Python 3.x may have
    incorrectly validated some non-compliant applications as WSGI compliant; if
    your app validates with Python <3.2b1+, but not on this version, it is likely
    the case that your app was not compliant.)

    That is from the changes file...so they are working to fix it all.

    HTH

    --
    Robert
    Robert, Jan 1, 2011