PythonCard

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tequila, Jan 30, 2007.

  1. Tequila

    Tequila Guest

    I'm having some trouble starting PythonCard on my PC.

    I've downloaded and ran python-2.5.msi to install Python on my
    machine. And PythonCard-0.8.2.win32.exe to install PythonCard.

    When I try to run the program I get the following error:
    ======================================
    C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PythonCard\tools
    \codeEditor>codeEditor.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PythonCard\tools\codeEditor
    \codeEditor.py", line 13, in <module>
    from PythonCard import about, configuration, dialog, log, menu,
    model, resource, util
    File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\PythonCard\about.py", line 8, in
    <module>
    import wx
    ImportError: No module named wx
    ======================================

    Does anyone know what the problem might be?

    Thanks,
    Tequila
    Tequila, Jan 30, 2007

  2. Tequila

    Paul Watson Guest

    Tequila wrote:
    > I'm having some trouble starting PythonCard on my PC.
    >
    > I've downloaded and ran python-2.5.msi to install Python on my
    > machine. And PythonCard-0.8.2.win32.exe to install PythonCard.
    >
    > When I try to run the program I get the following error:
    > ======================================
    > C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PythonCard\tools
    > \codeEditor>codeEditor.py
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PythonCard\tools\codeEditor
    > \codeEditor.py", line 13, in <module>
    > from PythonCard import about, configuration, dialog, log, menu,
    > model, resource, util
    > File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\PythonCard\about.py", line 8, in
    > <module>
    > import wx
    > ImportError: No module named wx
    > ======================================
    >
    > Does anyone know what the problem might be?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tequila

    It would appear that you need to install wxPython also.

    http://www.wxpython.org/
    Paul Watson, Jan 30, 2007

  3. Gabriel Genellina, Jan 30, 2007
  4. Tequila

    Guest

    Tequila> I'm having some trouble starting PythonCard on my PC. I've
    Tequila> downloaded and ran python-2.5.msi to install Python on my
    Tequila> machine. And PythonCard-0.8.2.win32.exe to install PythonCard.
    Tequila> import wx
    Tequila> ImportError: No module named wx

    Tequila> Does anyone know what the problem might be?

    Sorta looks like you need to install wxPython. In fact, the Windows
    instructions for PythonCard mention downloading wxPython before downloading
    PythonCard itself:

    http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/windows_installation.html

    If you're confident wxPython *is* installed, check to make sure it's
    installed somewhere that Python will find it.

    Skip
    , Jan 30, 2007
  5. Tequila

    Tequila Guest

    On Jan 30, 6:26 pm, wrote:
    > Tequila> I'm having some trouble starting PythonCard on my PC. I've
    > Tequila> downloaded and ran python-2.5.msi to install Python on my
    > Tequila> machine. And PythonCard-0.8.2.win32.exe to install PythonCard.
    > Tequila> import wx
    > Tequila> ImportError: No module named wx
    >
    > Tequila> Does anyone know what the problem might be?
    >
    > Sorta looks like you need to install wxPython. In fact, the Windows
    > instructions for PythonCard mention downloading wxPython before downloading
    > PythonCard itself:
    >
    > http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/windows_installation.html
    >
    > If you're confident wxPython *is* installed, check to make sure it's
    > installed somewhere that Python will find it.
    >
    > Skip

    Yeah, ummm... ok so, I overlooked the Windows install instructions
    (thanks for the tip Gabriel :)

    Once I installed wxPython all is good.

    Thanks for everything all!!

    Teq