PythonCard

Tequila

I'm having some trouble starting PythonCard on my PC.

I've downloaded and ran python-2.5.msi to install Python on my
machine. And PythonCard-0.8.2.win32.exe to install PythonCard.

When I try to run the program I get the following error:
======================================
C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PythonCard\tools
\codeEditor>codeEditor.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PythonCard\tools\codeEditor
\codeEditor.py", line 13, in <module>
from PythonCard import about, configuration, dialog, log, menu,
model, resource, util
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\PythonCard\about.py", line 8, in
<module>
import wx
ImportError: No module named wx
======================================

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Tequila

Paul Watson

Tequila said:
[...]

It would appear that you need to install wxPython also.

http://www.wxpython.org/

skip

Tequila> I'm having some trouble starting PythonCard on my PC. I've
Tequila> downloaded and ran python-2.5.msi to install Python on my
Tequila> machine. And PythonCard-0.8.2.win32.exe to install PythonCard.
Tequila> import wx
Tequila> ImportError: No module named wx

Tequila> Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Sorta looks like you need to install wxPython. In fact, the Windows
instructions for PythonCard mention downloading wxPython before downloading
PythonCard itself:

http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/windows_installation.html

If you're confident wxPython *is* installed, check to make sure it's
installed somewhere that Python will find it.

Skip

Tequila

Tequila> I'm having some trouble starting PythonCard on my PC. I've
Tequila> downloaded and ran python-2.5.msi to install Python on my
Tequila> machine. And PythonCard-0.8.2.win32.exe to install PythonCard.
Tequila> import wx
Tequila> ImportError: No module named wx

Tequila> Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Sorta looks like you need to install wxPython. In fact, the Windows
instructions for PythonCard mention downloading wxPython before downloading
PythonCard itself:

http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/windows_installation.html

If you're confident wxPython *is* installed, check to make sure it's
installed somewhere that Python will find it.

Skip

Yeah, ummm... ok so, I overlooked the Windows install instructions
(thanks for the tip Gabriel :)

Once I installed wxPython all is good.

Thanks for everything all!!

Teq