pythoncom + set property

Discussion in 'Python' started by Fabien SK, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Fabien SK

    Fabien SK Guest

    Hi,

    I am using "MSSOAP" as COM object and I would like to put a property to
    an object, but I can not make it work. My code looks like that:

    obj = win32com.client.Dispatch("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
    obj.MSSoapInit("http://server/wsdl");
    obj.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = 1

    But it doesn't work. "ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest")" should return
    a COM property that I should be able to get or set.
    I know that for simpler problem the work around is:

    obj.SetSomeProperty(123)
    print obj.SomeProperty(

    The problem is that I get the property by a function call, and win32com
    converts it directly to the value:
    print obj.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest")

    >>> print type(obj.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest"))

    <type 'bool'>

    If you have any idea...

    Fabien

    Fabien SK, Aug 22, 2003