Pythong CGI scrips on Windows Server 2003

Hugh Beyer

We are moving to a new server running Windows Server 2003 from existing
servers runing Windows Server 2002 and IIS is giving us fits.

Apparently, the IUSR_* accounts are now used to run scripts and they are not
by default given the necessary rights. We gave this account the necessary
rights "Adjust memory quotas for a process" and "replace a process level
token", and that didn't help.

So we used the adsutil IIS admin script to set CreateProcessAsUser to false.
Now PERL SCRIPTS WORK, but Python scripts still do not.

Does anyone have any idea what to look for next? Anyone seen this before?

Hugh

Tim Roberts

Hugh Beyer said:
We are moving to a new server running Windows Server 2003 from existing
servers runing Windows Server 2002 and IIS is giving us fits.

Do you mean Windows 2000 Server?

My experience with IIS has been universally bad. In each and every case, I
found it much more productive to disable IIS and install the Win32 version
of Apache.

Hugh Beyer

Do you mean Windows 2000 Server?

My experience with IIS has been universally bad. In each and every
case, I found it much more productive to disable IIS and install the
Win32 version of Apache.

Yes, I mean Windows 2000 server.

Python (and other CGI languages) ran on it without a problem.

Perl fruns fine on the new server; Python doesn't.

Hugh