    simply use Java libs. Have things changed since?

    I see ElementTree promises one in the future but are there any out now?

    Thanks.

    James, Dec 11, 2005

  2. James

    Alan Kennedy Guest

    [James]
    > A couple of years ago there wasn't one and the recommendation was to
    > simply use Java libs. Have things changed since?

    AFAIK, things haven't changed.

    Things you might be interested to know

    1. There is a module in PyXML, called javadom, that layers python
    semantics on top of various Java DOM implementations.

    2. I submitted a patch that extends that support to JAXP, although the
    patch has not yet been folded into the main jython repo. I think I
    really need to submit the patch to PyXML.

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=876821&group_id=12867&atid=312867

    3. It should not be too complex to develop a binding for the excellent
    Jaxen "universal xpath engine", which could provide PyXML compatible
    xpath support under jython.

    http://www.jaxen.org

    > I see ElementTree promises one in the future but are there any out now?

    Not yet, although I could be wrong.

    --
    alan kennedy
    email alan: http://xhaus.com/contact/alan