Pythonic XML library with XPath support for Jython?

James

A couple of years ago there wasn't one and the recommendation was to
simply use Java libs. Have things changed since?

I see ElementTree promises one in the future but are there any out now?

Thanks.

Alan Kennedy

[James]
A couple of years ago there wasn't one and the recommendation was to
simply use Java libs. Have things changed since?

AFAIK, things haven't changed.

Things you might be interested to know

1. There is a module in PyXML, called javadom, that layers python
semantics on top of various Java DOM implementations.

2. I submitted a patch that extends that support to JAXP, although the
patch has not yet been folded into the main jython repo. I think I
really need to submit the patch to PyXML.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=876821&group_id=12867&atid=312867

3. It should not be too complex to develop a binding for the excellent
Jaxen "universal xpath engine", which could provide PyXML compatible
xpath support under jython.

http://www.jaxen.org
I see ElementTree promises one in the future but are there any out now?

Not yet, although I could be wrong.