PythonPath not working with 2.2.3 on Win ME

Discussion in 'Python' started by Rami A. Kishek, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. Hi, I would really appreciate help on this from all ye Win-oriented
    people. I have been using python under Linux for quite a while, know
    little about windows.

    I just upgraded my Python on WinME machine from Python 1.5.2 to 2.2.3
    (in a separate directory). Using the Pythowin Pythonpath browser, I
    edited the python path to add my scripts directories. Then I tried to
    import my scripts and they're not visible. I tried many things:
    - exiting and restarting pythonwin
    - rebooting windows
    - editing Pythonpath from the registry using regedit
    (under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, software, python2.2)

    Each and every time however, when I start python, import sys, then check
    sys.path, the path I get does not reflect the changes I made, and of
    course, as a result my own scripts don't work (they try to import each
    other). I also checked sys.path from IDLE and from the command line,
    and still get the same problem. The really strange thing is: the
    pythonpath in the Pythonwin Browser and the registry (which are the
    same) have really nothing to do with the path I get by checking
    sys.path! Not even the built-in directories are the same.

    My order of installation was (all using exe binaries)
    Python 2.2.3
    Numpy 22.0 (win32)
    win32all-154
    Py2exe 0.4.1 (win32)

    Does anyone here have the faintest clue about what's wrong? I checked
    the FAQs and searched this newsgroup and websites, but there's very
    little about PYTHONPATH. THanks ...

    Rami A. Kishek, Aug 16, 2003