pythonservice -register

Discussion in 'Python' started by Olaf Meding, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. Olaf Meding

    Olaf Meding Guest

    What is the pythonservice.exe for? What does pythonservice.exe really
    do?

    I installed and am using ActivePython (on Windows XP).

    Working on writing a Windows service in Python. The "Python
    Programming on Win32" book says I should first register the
    pythonserive. This does not seem to work (see error below). However,
    the books SmallestService seems to run anyway.

    Thanks for your help.

    Olaf

    *** Here is the error: ***
    C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\win32>pythonservice /register
    Registering the Python Service Manager...
    Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    unusual way.
    Olaf Meding, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Olaf Meding

    Larry Bates Guest

    On my machine (Windows XP Pro also ActivePython 2.2)
    I get the following:

    Registering the Python Service Manager ...

    After that everything works as documented.

    -Larry

    Larry Bates, Mar 3, 2004