pythonw.exe and python.exe

whatazor

Hi all,
I made a little application with multithreading in winxp with
python2.5. An event generated from a third part software is the
trigger for the creation of progress bar in a wxPython app. This
python app is launched via wxExecute.
I've noticed a different behaviour if the script is launched with
python.exe and pythonw.exe (i.e. without dos shell), in fact in the
first case it's all ok, while in the other case only the first, the
third , the fifth ... progress bar is setted correctly and update its
value.
Now, before control again the code , what can be the origin of the
problem? why python and pythonw give a result so different?

thank you

Tim Roberts

whatazor said:
I made a little application with multithreading in winxp with
python2.5. An event generated from a third part software is the
trigger for the creation of progress bar in a wxPython app. This
python app is launched via wxExecute.
I've noticed a different behaviour if the script is launched with
python.exe and pythonw.exe (i.e. without dos shell), in fact in the
first case it's all ok, while in the other case only the first, the
third , the fifth ... progress bar is setted correctly and update its
value.
Now, before control again the code , what can be the origin of the
problem? why python and pythonw give a result so different?

There is not nearly enough information for us to diagnose the problem here.
Note, however, that in Windows, all GUI stuff must be done from the main
thread, because that's where window events are delivered.