pythonwin and german chars, does anybody use pythonwin in non-us

stephan

Hi,

I have python 2.2.3 + pythonwin 156 on win2k.

The problem is that german chars like äöüÄÖÜß are not handled correctly.
Just create a test.py file with the content äöüÄÖÜß and edit it
with pythonwin.
In the editor you will see only äöüÄ .

I had the problem in the past, wrote it to mark and he fixed it.
The last pythonwin version which works is 148 !
The bug arised again with 150.

The versions 150,152,154 and 156 are all the same: they don't work.

I wrote it to Mark Hammond but I never got a reply, so it seems
he has no, or no more interest or no time or whatever to fix it.

So if there is somebody who use pythonwin in germany,france..
.... do you know a workaround??
(or another similar IDE??)

I ask because I really like pythonwin, it's small fast and comfortable :)

Thanks

stephan