pythonwin and german chars, does anybody use pythonwin in non-us

Discussion in 'Python' started by stephan, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. stephan

    stephan Guest

    Hi,

    I have python 2.2.3 + pythonwin 156 on win2k.

    The problem is that german chars like äöüÄÖÜß are not handled correctly.
    Just create a test.py file with the content äöüÄÖÜß and edit it
    with pythonwin.
    In the editor you will see only äöüÄ .

    I had the problem in the past, wrote it to mark and he fixed it.
    The last pythonwin version which works is 148 !
    The bug arised again with 150.

    The versions 150,152,154 and 156 are all the same: they don't work.

    I wrote it to Mark Hammond but I never got a reply, so it seems
    he has no, or no more interest or no time or whatever to fix it.

    So if there is somebody who use pythonwin in germany,france..
    .... do you know a workaround??
    (or another similar IDE??)

    I ask because I really like pythonwin, it's small fast and comfortable :)

    Thanks

    stephan

    stephan, Jul 30, 2003