PythonWin crash - works only once after installation

Ze'ev

Hi,
I've installed Python 2.5 and PythonWin (pywin32-210.win32-py2.5) on
my new XP machine. The first time I run PythonWin after installation
it runs normally but if I close it and try to run it again it crashes
("PyWin32 has encountered a problem and needs to close") every time.
If I re-install it then it will run once more but subsequent runs
fail.
I've installed and ran this before (on my old machine and at work) and
it runs ok.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Ze'ev

Ze'ev

Hi,
I've installed Python 2.5 and PythonWin (pywin32-210.win32-py2.5) on
my new XP machine. The first time I run PythonWin after installation
it runs normally but if I close it and try to run it again it crashes
("PyWin32 has encountered a problem and needs to close") every time.
If I re-install it then it will run once more but subsequent runs
fail.
I've installed and ran this before (on my old machine and at work) and
it runs ok.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Ze'ev

I found a workaround but this is still a mystery - if I delete the.pyc
files in site-packages/pythonwin/pywin/ then I can run Pythonwin again
(otherwise it crashes upon starting up).

Ze'ev