PythonWin Errors while debugging

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chuck, Oct 7, 2004.

  1. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    I frequently observe the stack trace below while using PythonWin (which I
    otherwise love). I seem to be associated with debugging, breakpoints and
    possibly moving focus from/to PythonWin. Anyone else observe this?

    [Dbg]>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
    File
    "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\dbgcommands.py",
    line 73, in OnGo
    self._DoOrStart("do_set_continue", scriptutils.RS_DEBUGGER_GO)
    File
    "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\dbgcommands.py",
    line 57, in _DoOrStart
    method()
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\debugger.py",
    line 636, in do_set_continue
    if self.GUIAboutToRun():
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\debugger.py",
    line 787, in GUIAboutToRun
    if not self.StopDebuggerPump():
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\debugger.py",
    line 485, in StopDebuggerPump
    if self.GUIAboutToFinishInteract():
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\debugger.py",
    line 836, in GUIAboutToFinishInteract
    self.oldForeground.EnableWindow(1)
    win32ui: The window handle does not specify a valid window
    win32ui: Error in Command Message handler for command ID 15022, Code 0
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File
    "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\dbgcommands.py",
    line 79, in OnClose
    d.set_quit()
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\debugger.py",
    line 642, in set_quit
    ok = self.StopDebuggerPump()
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\debugger.py",
    line 485, in StopDebuggerPump
    if self.GUIAboutToFinishInteract():
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\debugger.py",
    line 836, in GUIAboutToFinishInteract
    self.oldForeground.EnableWindow(1)
    win32ui: The window handle does not specify a valid window
    win32ui: Error in Command Message handler for command ID 16010, Code 0
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File
    "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\intpyapp.py", line
    53, in OnClose
    pywin.debugger.currentDebugger.close(1)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\debugger.py",
    line 450, in close
    if not self.StopDebuggerPump(): # User cancelled close.
    Chuck, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Oh and I forgot to add that once this happens I have to use the task manager
    to kill off PythonWin. Any further commands result in more errors/traces...
    thats the second dump captured in my previous post.
    Chuck, Oct 7, 2004